Residents of St Ives and Carbis bay have been urged not to drink tap water after it has been reported that the water is contaminated with bacteria. About 1500 homes have been affected after water was found to contain coliform bacteria in the Steeple Service Reservoir. Chlorine has been used to cleanse the water and it is hoped that the advisory can be lifted by late Wednesday. Coliform is a type of bacteria associated with E coli and residents and holiday makers have been urged to buy drinking water for hydration or boil the tap water before using for drinking or preparing food.
- St Ives Brewery
- Cornish Gems St Ives